Sussex paintings for sale

Friday 21 February 2014

"Short Circuit" Still life fun with an Aston Martin !

Once again the bleak weather has held me captive in the house! Not to be beaten or down hearted I decided to have a little fun with a still life composition.
I have a very small model of a 1922 Aston Martin that I wanted to put into a painting
1922 Aston Martin model
 I don't know why.
 I just liked it and thought it's smooth, simply shape  would look good against a more geometric background.
I was looking for something equally as small and came upon an old lap top that had just what I needed. Lots of small circuits and components that I could "build" a race track and town to complete the scene.
It took quite a while to paint as the acrylic green is quite transparent.  I had to apply about 5-6 layers of paint to get the opaqueness that I wanted...
"Short Circuit" Work in progress
I was then able to build up the depth with washes of lighter and darker shades.
 When dry the details were added .
 Finally the shading and highlights brought it all to life.
                                                      "Short Circuit"
                                              Acrylic on box canvas 24"x 18"x 1.5"
Fun still life with Aston Martin

"Short Circuit" Wall view

No comments:

Post a Comment