Sussex paintings for sale

Friday 17 June 2016

Painting the Seven Sisters 2016

The Seven Sisters at Cuckmere Haven, Sussex
I rarely paint the same subject more than once but there is something so magical about the Seven Sisters that I just can't resist!
My walk took me up the steep slope of Seaford Head and along the cliff top to Cuckmere Haven. it's a lovely walk with absolutely stunning views in all direction.
Seaford Head to Cuckmere Haven
Although very warm it stayed rather cloudy so I decided to explore the beach and rock pools at Hope Gap while I waited to see if the sun would break through.
Rock pools and groynes
It's a wonderful place for children to explore....... and me!
I continued on to the beach where the river Cuckmere snakes it's way into the sea. Even on a cloudy day it was an enchanting place to sit and watch the world go by.

After about an hour the skies started to clear and I was able  to take some reference photos for painting. I only intended to paint one but couldn't make up my mind which view to go with....so....I painted two!
                                         "Seven Sisters View "
                                Acrylic on canvas 24"x 12"
"Seven Sisters View" Acrylic painting on canvas
 

                        " Where the river meets the sea" (Seven Sisters)
 
Painting of Cuckmere Haven and the Seven Sisters "Where the river meets the sea" 


PLEASE  VISIT MY GALLERY TO VIEW MY LATEST PAINTINGS FOR SALE  https://www.artfinder.com/artist/paula-oakley/
Prints , cushions etc available http://www.redbubble.com/people/poak/shop













No comments:

Post a Comment